The Spanish Golden Age
- Documents on the history of Portugal and Spain, including testaments and marriage licenses of the royal families.
- (12th-17th centuries; Portuguese and Spanish facsimiles)
- (Translations and transcriptions).
- Two letters from a woman who wanted to confess her sins.
- (1501; Spanish facsimile).
- Complaints of Queen Elisa about Eneas' departure.
- (1501; Spanish facsimile)
- (19 February 1524; English translation)
- De correspondentie van Willem van Oranje
- The correspondence of William of Orange (main leader of the Dutch Revolt against Spain)
- From the Internet Modern History Sourcebook.
- (1561, English translation).
- History of King Philip II with digital images of the Council of Trent document, MSS 143
- Richard C. Kessler Reformation Collection, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University
- (12 July 1564; facsimiles)
- (1588; modernized transcription and commentary)
- (1592-1597, facsimiles).
- As found in the Archivo General de Simancas (Spain) within the section Estado, legajo 181.
- From the Lopéz Martín Manuscript Collection.
- (1598; Basque transcriptions)
- (1566-1630; Spanish and Basque transcriptions and facsimiles)
- From Bancroft Library, University of California at Berkeley
- (1031-1555; facsimiles)
- Parallel Histories: Spain, the United States, and the American Frontier
Historias Paralelas: España, Estados Unidos y la Frontera Americana
- A bilingual digital library site with documentation of interactions between Spain and North America
- from the 15th to the 19th centuries.
- A cooperative project of the Biblioteca Nacional de España, the Biblioteca Colombina y Capitular of Seville,
- and the Library of Congress.
- (15th - 19th centuries; facsimiles of books, maps, prints, photographs, manuscripts, and other documents)
- Database of research on the literature, culture and history of the Spanish Golden Age.
- Includes electronic text transcriptions of publications by historical figures such as Columbus and Cervantes.
- A French project that also includes Spanish items digitized at libraries in Toulouse.
- (16th-18th centuries; facsimiles)
- Digital collection of documents from the General Archive of Simancas
- Part of the Portal de Arquivos Españoles website
- (16th - 20th centuries; facsimiles, maps, drawings and descriptions)
- From Hanover College's texts on Early Modern Europe.
EuroDocs Creator: Richard Hacken, European Studies Bibliographer,
Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, USA.
Feel free to get in touch: Hacken @ byu.edu