Spain: Local and Regional History Sources
Revision as of 21:29, 29 February 2012 by Destrovf
- A set of historical maps from Dr. Ronnie Ellenblum's Historic Cities
- A part of the Virtual Library for European History
- Primary documentary materials interspersed chronologically with essays and commentaries.
- (Antiquity to the present; transcriptions, facsimiles and commentaries)
- Part of the national digital library of the Biblioteca Nacional, this section features digitized newspapers and journals.
- La Hemeroteca Digital supone el inicio del proyecto “Biblioteca Digital Hispánica”, que tiene como objetivo la consulta y difusión pública a través de Internet del Patrimonio Bibliográfico Español conservado en la Biblioteca Nacional.
- (1772-1933; facsimiles with transcriptions)
- A database of digitized Spanish press articles with unique items otherwise difficult to access.
- Made available from holdings at public libraries and other institutions with assistance of the Ministry of Culture.
- (1777 to the present; facsimiles)
- Access to over a million digital objects from 121 repositories in Spain.
- A project of the Ministry of Culture.
- (Searchable database of documents, facsimiles, transcriptions, photos, sound recordings, etc.)
- An annotated and growing list of Spanish rare books online.
- A part of DigiSpain coordinated by Klaus Graf.
- (Medieval to 19th century; facsimiles and transcriptions)
- A collection of transcriptions of historical documents about Mallorca.
- (13th-20th centuries; Catalan language transcriptions)
- A collection of documents from Aragón.
- (13th-20th centuries; Facsimiles)
- Over 100 incunabula and 1700 books, all digitized by UCM.
- Heavily representing medical history, but other topics as well.
- After gratis registration, you have access to all materials.
- (15th - 18th centuries; facsimiles)
- A collection of thousands of Spanish digitized historical documents.
- (13th-20th centuries; facsimiles of books, maps and manuscripts of all types)
- A collection of thousands of historical documents from Valencia, some are available online.
- (14th-20th centuries; facsimiles and transcriptions of books, maps and manuscripts of all types)
- Collection of digital copies of rare books and manuscripts from the early modern period to the nineteenth century.
- Also contains doctoral dissertations, e-books, pre-prints, articles, proceedings...
- A collection of transcriptions of historical documents about the city of Valladolid.
- (19th-20th centuries; transcriptions)
- A collection of Spanish digitized historical books about the city of Arganda.
- (19th-20th centuries; facsimiles of books)
- Images of Euskaldunak, the Basque people, in Europe and America.
- A collection of the University of Nevada, Reno Libraries.
- (Facsimile images)
- A collection of digitized historical documents about democracy in Alicante.
- (1936-2000; facsimiles)
EuroDocs Creator: Richard Hacken, European Studies Bibliographer,
Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, USA.
Feel free to get in touch: Hacken @ byu.edu